July came and went so fast. This was my first month working at my new job and it has been a big transition. Going from being a college student, babysitting, and doing small side jobs to working 42 hour work weeks and commuting is a big transition but it really made the time fly. Today I thought I would give you guys a little taste of what I was loving in the month of July.
- The Secret by Rhonda Byrne: Whether you think it’s all a bunch of HOOPLAH (yes, that is a SpongeBob reference) or you think there is some truth to it, the law of attraction is fascinating. I thought the book was actually really inspiring. It’s motivated me and it helps me get a better grip on my thoughts. Whether you believe in what this book says or not, I think we can all agree our thoughts are powerful and sometimes they can make or break us. After reading this my mindset switched from never having enough, to abundance and that’s pretty amazing.
- Burt’s Bees Brightening Facial Cleanser: I originally bought this back in March and I just finished the bottle. Not only did it actually brighten and improve the look of my skin but it was only $8 at Target and it lasted me 4 months. Not to mention it smells like daisies and contains no harmful chemicals
- Think Dirty App: This app is life changing! You scan beauty and skincare products, and can see how many harmful chemicals they contain. It gives the product a rating from 1-10 and explains the rating for you. The products are rated by carcinogenity, reproductive toxicity and allergens. The app also gives you suggestions of which products you should use instead of the “dirty” ones. As I get older, I’m learning more and more about the amount of chemicals in everyday products and cleaning up my beauty cabinet is one of my goals. Best of all, the app is free.
- Going dairy free: I’ve been dairy free for over a month and it’s been life changing. I’ve been lactose intolerant since I was a year old but I always tried to ignore it (because CHEESE). After years of ingesting something my body wasn’t happy with I started getting really sick, and I decided enough was enough. After I quit, my skin cleared up, my digestion got better, I had more energy and I even started to slim down. It’s not nearly as hard as I thought it would be and vegan pizza is pretty damn good.
- Vegan Cupcakes: Now that I’m dairy free I had to get creative when it comes to enjoying my absolute favorite dessert: cupcakes. My sister and I found this cute little vegan bakery called Papa Ganache and their cupcakes are so good. It’s a half hour drive but we stock up 😉 If you’re in the Central Jersey area definitely check it out. They taste exactly like regular cupcakes without that heavy feeling afterward.
- Sleep Shirts: Sleep Shirts. Night gowns. Whatever you want to call it, I’m obsessed. One of my best friends from college always wears them and she inspired me to get one for myself. They’re so comfortable and perfect for summertime. I recently got one from Forever 21 and I’ve been wearing it nonstop.
That’s all for now! I hope you guys enjoyed this post. Comment below and let me know what some of your July favorites are.